We recommend Express Scribe by NCH for transcriptionists and subtitle or closed caption writers.
This video tutorial outlines how to use Express Scribe for Transcription.
Important areas covered include:
- Loading a video file into the Express Scribe software.
- Setting up transcription pedals to fast forward, rewind and play audio.
- Cleaning poor quality audio.
- Working with an intelligent verbatim transcription template.
- Stopping and starting video or audio sound when taking on transcription work.
Transcription pedals and professional software can have a huge impact on the quality of your transcripts as well as the time involved in writing them. Using Express Scribe reduces the chance of missing words when compared to using manual methods of transcription without pedals. Also, keeping your hands free whilst typing means that you are able to concentrate more easily on spelling, grammar and accuracy whilst also working at a faster rate.
We work with transcriptionists that have at least two years experience in the transcription industry as well as two years experience in their specialism. For example, medical, legal, financial or video transcription. Alongside this, we work hard to give feedback to our audio typists to help them to develop and improve their skills, and offer training as required.