Capital Captions is a UK Transcription and Subtitling company providing audio to text typing services to clients worldwide. We take pride in our tailor made approach to transcription, translation and captioning. Consider working with us if you are interested in video to text services which are:
- Value for money
- Accurate and well timed
- Suitable for use online, on television or with VoD services
- Offered with short turnaround times
The following processes are typically involved in our subtitling services:
- Transcription services for both English and foreign subtitles
- Translating foreign text with English as the target or source language
- Transposing and editing translated speech using standardised templates and guidelines
- Timing both foreign and English subtitles to accurately sync with video
- Styling onscreen text (if possible for the chosen subtitle format)
- Burning on subtitles at client request
Our creation of closed caption files includes the following transcription and formatting processes:
- Video transcription
- Writing descriptions (including sound effects and speaker identifications as well as onscreen text transcription)
- Caption text formatting, working with caption colour, size, font and placement
- Timing text to sync with audio (to 1/100 secs)
- Encoding closed caption files to videos
- Foreign closed caption translations are also available.
Capital Captions take a flexible approach to ensure tailor made translations to suit your needs. Our translation processes and services include:
- Subtitle translation services
- Closed caption translation
- Script translation and logging of rushes
- Video localisation
- Foreign transcription services
- Direct audio and video translation
Alongside our ability to work within different sectors, we also have a range of options available in terms of writing style and the information included within each transcript. For example, we offer styles including:
- Intelligent Verbatim transcription
- Verbatim transcription
- Edited transcription
- Time coded transcription
- Discourse analysis
- Logging of rushes
- Foreign transcription
- Jefferson notation
- and more…
If you’re not sure what transcript style or format you require, or which typing service best suits your needs, get in touch and we’ll be happy to advise.
Using Dubbing and Voice-overs for Video Translation
Dubbing and voice-over services aren’t as prevalent an option as subtitling but do have some significant benefits including:
- Foreign dubbing makes videos instantly ready and accessible to foreign viewers without them having to change video settings.
- Dubbing services can be useful where captions would obstruct onscreen information in the form of text or diagrams.
- Voice-overs can be perceived by some viewers as a more relaxed, natural way to view foreign videos when compared to reading foreign subtitles.
Video to Text Services
For more information on any of our UK subtitling and transcription services, you can browse through our web pages on closed captions, subtitles and transcription. Alternatively, if you can’t find what you’re looking for, contact us or call us on +44 (0) 1634 867 131.