Work with Capital Captions
If you would like to work as a freelance transcriptionist or subtitler for Capital Captions, we are currently recruiting for professional, experienced, qualified individuals to take on a diverse range of transcription, captioning and formatting work for international clients.
We highly value both our freelance and subcontracting staff. We treat all of our workers with the utmost respect and view any professional collaboration as a partnerships.
If you would like to work with Capital Captions as a freelance subtitler, you can apply to work with us below, but first, be sure to have a browse through our checklist to make sure not only that you’re right for us, but also that we’re right for you!
Online Transcription Work
To work with Capital captions as a freelance transcriptionist, you are required to have:
- At least two years transcription experience
- At least two years experience within your chosen specialism
- A typing speed of at least 65wpm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess transcription software including foot pedals
- Access to a high speed broadband connection
- Access to file conversion and/or audio manipulation software
As a Capital Captions freelance transcriptionist, you should also possess the below traits:
- A keen eye for detail and a high level of accuracy in your work
- Reliable and dedicated
- A hard working attitude
- Able to work on your own initiative and to make tough editorial decisions
- Good technical skills
- Flexible and a willing to work irregular hours
Online Subtitling and Closed Captioning Positions
Capital Captions specialise in subtitling and closed captioning services for clients from a range of sectors. We provide a vast range of sound to text services for clients. We work with foreign subtitling for global audiences, closed captioning for the deaf and hard of hearing, broadcast subtitles, social media and YouTube subtitles and more…
Closed caption writers and subtitlers working for Capital Captions are required to have:
- At least two years of subtitling experience
- A typing speed of at least 65wpm
- Access to a subtitle creation software
- High speed broadband connection
- File conversion and/or video editing software
We have a preference that our subtitlers possess:
- Formal qualifications in or applicable to subtitle creation
- A keen eye for detail with a high level of accuracy in their work
- Advanced technical skills
- Flexibility and willingness to take on irregular work hours
We're always looking for hard working, reliable and talented subtitlers, transcriptionists and translators. If you believe you have the right skills, we'd love to hear from you.
If you'd like to work with Capital Captions as a transcriptionist, subtitler, closed caption writer or translator, feel free to contact us. Just send your CV and we'll be in touch.
Capital Captions value staff training and development. We provide advice and online training, as required, to help freelance professionals progress in their online writing careers.
We value working relationships: providing support, mutual respect, and ongoing career development for staff at all levels.
Transcription and Closed Captioning Work: What to Expect
For professionals considering leaving full time employment to enter into a career in freelance online writing, it can be hard to know what to expect. Before considering taking on work with Capital Captions, you may want to get some idea of what to expect from a transcription and subtitling career.
Our transcription services cover a range of specialisms: financial transcription, medical transcription, legal transcription and general transcription. Audio quality can be highly variable and transcriptionists are required to work with a range of different transcription formats and writing styles.
For a Capital Captions transcriptionist, no working day is the same. Every transcription project is an opportunity to listen to, learn and write something new!
Any subtitling and closed captioning work involves patience and precision. Subtitling work can consist of a number of elements all working together: transcription, translation, formatting, timing and video editing.
A career in subtitling means day-to-day opportunities to engage with new, innovative video content. Quality captioning can be like an art form: challenge yourself professionally to deliver the best quality captions that viewers deserve.