Subtitles for Film
Capital Captions provide services for writing, creating, and burning subtitles for film. For production companies working with movies, in order to appeal to the widest possible audience, subtitles are a necessity. Our subtitles are highly accurate, well formatted and affordable. Much like our other work specialties, we take a flexible approach to our subtitling, tailor making your onscreen text to suit your preferences and also requirements.
Why Use Film Subtitling Services
Subtitles are widely recognised across the world as ensuring access to video content for foreign speakers and the deaf or hard of hearing, but beyond this basic definition, most people understand very little about the process of creating subtitles or indeed, the real benefits of including them in films.
Below are also some typical usages of film subtitles:
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Subtitles for foreign speakers
- Forced subtitles for small sections of foreign language in a film
- Subtitles for identification of speakers and also places, etc
Subtitles are compressed as images of text which display most often centrally at the bottom of the screen. They can also be formatted to display elsewhere on a film according to client preference.
Film Subtitle Writers
Subtitle writing and creation requires a high level of skill and experience. Our subtitlers all have at least two years within the subtitling industry and five years within their chosen area of specialism, e.g. translation, medical content, accessibility, etc. Even for monolingual projects, the process involved in creating subtitles for film encompass a number of important stages, which are summarised below:
- Video Transcription of speech
- Transcription of on-screen text if translation is later required
- Proofreading and formatting subtitle style according to client preferences
- Splitting of text lines within the film subtitle file
- Timing of onscreen text to sync with video content
- Proofreading and also re-watching of film, ensuring accuracy
- Converting subtitles to the required file format
- Also on request, burning of the subtitles as an image onto the client’s film
Subtitle Formats Supported
Film subtitles are supplied by Capital Captions in the following most commonly used formats.
STL, USF, WebVTT, SRT, SBV, RT, DFXP, CPTXML, QT, SMI, WMP TXT, CAP and more…
Movie Subtitle File Delivery
File delivery of subtitles for film can be achieved by two different methods. The first consists of Capital Captions providing a subtitle file which the client will take responsibility for adding to their film. The second option requires the full version of the film to be supplied to Capital Captions, where we will burn the subtitles to the video and return complete.
Upload of film and video files, subtitle files and transcripts can be made online via DropBox, other FTP (file transfer protocol) sites, online web links, or a physical delivery of DVD or BluRay by post or also a courier.